Undergraduate students, who will achieve “sophomore,” “junior,” or “senior” grade level by fall 2014, or graduate students at an accredited, degree-granting college or university in Maine, New Hampshire, or Vermont who have a declared major in a public relations-related field are encouraged to apply for the James H. Bradley Memorial Scholarship sponsored by the Yankee Chapter of the Public Relations Society of America.
Entries will be judged by a committee of public relations professionals. Winners will be announced in May 2014. The honoree will receive a $500 scholarship to be used toward tuition and fees in support of the winner’s educational pursuits.
Candidates must be undergraduates, who will achieve “sophomore,” “junior,” or “senior” grade level by fall 2014, or graduate students in a public relations-related program at an accredited, degree-granting college or university in Maine, New Hampshire, or Vermont. There are no state residency requirements. While Public Relations Student Society of America (PRSSA) members are encouraged to apply, membership in PRSSA is not required.
An official nomination form must be:
- Completed by the candidate as directed, signed by the candidate, and then signed by a faculty member or PRSSA Adviser.
- The entire application must be mailed or emailed to Yankee Chapter PRSA, and must arrive (not simply be postmarked) by the application deadline. Copies may be front and back.
The completed form must be accompanied by:
- A letter of recommendation from a faculty member or PRSSA Adviser.
The application materials:
- Must be typed.
- May not contain any information or documents other than those specified above.
- Should be carefully reviewed for typos, spelling and grammatical errors. Applications with excessive errors will be automatically disqualified.
The application deadline is April 28, 2014.
Send all application materials to:
James H. Bradley Memorial Scholarship Committee
The Yankee Chapter PRSA
53 Regional Dr., Suite 1
Concord, NH 03301
Applications will be judged using the following criteria:
- Academic achievement in public relations and overall studies
- Demonstrated leadership
- Practical experience, e.g., internships, other work/service
- Commitment to public relations, particularly as expressed in the candidate’s statement
- Writing skills as demonstrated throughout the application
- Letter of recommendation
Questions: For questions or comments, please contact Donna Eason at email@example.com.