Associate Director of Communications
This position gathers and disseminates College news and supports the College’s public affairs goals and academic theme areas, and designs, produces and contributes to the production of various print and electronic writings. The Associate Director strives to expand NEC’s local, regional and national visibility and works to ensure that the College is frequently well represented in print, broadcast, and digital media and that, as part of that coverage, key messages are clearly communicated. The Associate Director supports major College events, oversees the production of key College publications and assists in the direction and supervision of student interns.
Essential Duties Summary
- Works with leadership, faculty and staff to promote a positive image of the College by gathering and placing College news stories in a targeted manner;
- Interfaces with the press on any issue concerning the College and supports an official College spokesperson on all relevant matters;
- Helps promote the College to key audiences by preparing feature stories for College publications; Oversees the gathering and editing of material for key College publications including the New England College Magazine (produced twice per year);
- Interviews featured individuals as needed in order to develop stories for College publications;
- Works collaboratively to ensure strategic and consistent messaging;
- Facilitates internal and campus communications as directed;
- Contributes to a work environment that encourages knowledge of, respect for and development of skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds.
- Outstanding writing ability and communication skills essential;
- Ability to interact positively with local and national media;
- Ability to work with faculty, staff, alumni to develop positive stories for media, alumni magazine, etc.;
- 3+ years experience in communications, public affairs or other related position;
- 3+ years writing and/or proofreading content;
- 2+ years project management experience;
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism or a related field.
- WordPress experience;
- Master’s degree;
- Experience in media relations.
New England College prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, creed or religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, pregnancy, veteran’s status or disability in regard to treatment, access to or employment in its programs and activities, in accordance with federal and state laws and regulations. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), individuals with disabilities needing accommodation should contact the ADA Compliance Officer.
New England College is committed to providing equal opportunity in all conditions of employment and creating a welcoming and supportive environment that celebrates diversity. If an imbalance is found to exist, the College will make good faith efforts to recruit, hire and promote persons underrepresented in the workplace.
For more information/apply – https://nec.peopleadmin.com/postings/1223