Reports to: Chief Development Officer Supervision: AmeriCorps Member Status: Exempt
The New Hampshire Community Relations Manager drives fundraising and community education efforts in Manchester and surrounding communities in New Hampshire. With support from an AmeriCorps member, s/he oversees the volunteer program in our Manchester office. S/he is a member of the International Institute of New England’s six-person development team, which is responsible for raising funds to support IINE’s mission. Working closely with the Manchester Program Director, the Community Relations Manager maintains and cultivates relationships with faith-based and other community groups interested in providing financial, in-kind and volunteer assistance to the Manchester site. S/he identifies, cultivates and stewards individual and corporate donors and manages all New Hampshire fundraising events. S/he is the point of contact for media requests for information and commentary from the Manchester Program Director, IINE Chief Executive Officer and other staff and is responsible for promoting IINE-Manchester’s events in the local media. The Community Relations Manager recruits volunteers who can support our work in Manchester and supervises an AmeriCorps member who assists in the coordination of the volunteer program.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Experience with fundraising, sales and/or customer service
- Event management experience
- Volunteer management experience
- Experience coordinating individuals and groups towards a common goal
- Highly organized, responsive and collegial
- Outstanding communication skills including written, verbal, and presentation skills required
- Demonstrated cultural competency and attunement to working across languages and cultures
- Demonstrated commitment to the mission of welcoming refugees and immigrants to New Hampshire
- Flexibility in hours available including willingness to work evening and weekends as required
- Ability to travel to meet with donors and prospects; the job requires two trips to Boston per month for meetings with the full IINE development team
- Experience using a relational database, like Salesforce, is a plus
Duties and Responsibilities:
- With a primary focus on New Hampshire, responsible for meeting fundraising targets for IINE- Manchester by identifying and soliciting support from new and existing individual, corporate and faith-based donor prospects.
- Secure support from faith-based and other community partners by:
- Speaking at local churches and other groups about our work.
- Securing monetary and in-kind contributions from local faith-based and other community groups, ensuring that their giving aligns with their interests and the needs of IINE-Manchester.
- Following up with faith-based and community partners, identifying individuals within each organization who may be able to contribute individually to our work.
- Support individual giving efforts by identifying individual prospects, crafting a strategy for each, accompanying the Program Director, President and other staff as appropriate, and following up with prospects.
- Responsible for daily data updates and maintaining accurate data and meeting notes with donors and prospects.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge in the development field by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, and participating in associations of fundraising professionals.
- Participate in weekly meetings with the full development team, with an expectation of attending meetings in the Boston central office twice per month.
- Responsible for management of IINE events in New Hampshire, including:
- Serving as the primary point person for the Bob Baines Blarney Breakfast, at least one Suitcase Stories Live performance each year in New Hampshire, and any other events designed to generate revenue for IINE.
- Working with donors and prospects to organize house parties to raise funds.
- Supporting event committees and leveraging their relationships to secure corporate underwriters for IINE events.
- Event follow-up, including acknowledging attendees, identifying and soliciting personal contributions from officers and employees of IINE corporate partners, and executing a follow-up plan with individual donors and prospects that attend IINE events.
- Executing a follow-up plan with representatives of corporate underwriters that attend IINE events to engage them in IINE’s mission, including on-site presentations about our work, volunteer engagement, and further corporate contributions.
COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT AND VOLUNTEER MANAGEMENT
- Through presentations to churches and community groups, recruit individuals to volunteer at IINE-Manchester while working closing with the Program Director to ensure the site’s needs align with volunteers’ interests.
- Oversee the day-to-day implementation of the Manchester volunteer program.
- Supervise and evaluate an AmeriCorps Member who assists in managing volunteers.
- Organize, support and recruit membership to the Manchester Advisory Council, leveraging the Council to support fundraising, job procurement, and other efforts that help further program work in Manchester.
- Responsible for setting the agenda and the taking of minutes of all Advisory Council meetings, supporting members in any follow-up duties they may assume.
- In coordination with the Program Director, attend community meetings in Greater Manchester as appropriate to help bring awareness to IINE’s work.
- Serve as the initial point of contact for media requests to the Manchester office.
Perform all other duties assigned by supervisor.