Do you love milk, cheese, and ice cream, and want to help us promote all things dairy on behalf of the dairy farmers of New England? If so, consider joining our team in Winooski, VT!
The Public Relations and Communications Specialist is a permanent, full-time position (37.5 hours weekly) based in our Winooski, Vermont office.
The Specialist will provide communications and public relations support including consumer- and farmer-focused materials, social media, consumer and trade media outreach to promote dairy and dairy farming.
The ideal candidate will possess the following relevant skills and experience:
- Communicate in a clear and concise manner and possess superior written and public speaking communication skills
- Considerable knowledge of the principles and practices of communications, public relations, and digital communications
- Experience using existing and evolving social media technology
- Experience developing outreach programs suitable for a variety of audiences
- Superior organizational skills are necessary
- Knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite of programs
Education and Experience:
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, public relations, journalism, English or similar
- 2-4 years professional experience in communications or public relations
- Agricultural communications or on-farm life experience is a plus, but not required
This position offers a starting salary range of $45,000 to $50,000 annually, depending on qualifications and experience. Some travel is required and candidate must have his/her own vehicle. Mileage reimbursement is provided.
Benefits include Blue Cross/Blue Shield/Dental Blue health/dental insurance, paid vacation and holidays, and a 401K program. New England Dairy Promotion Board is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please tell us a little bit about yourself and why you are applying for this position in a cover letter, and submit the letter and your resume to us electronically at: firstname.lastname@example.org