Saint Anselm College in Manchester, N.H. is seeking a dynamic professional to lead the development and implementation of Saint Anselm’s marketing and communication strategy in order to enhance the visibility and reputation of the College. In partnership with key departments including advancement, alumni relations and admissions, the Chief Communications and Marketing Officer will develop marketing and communications plans intended to help achieve key institutional goals and strengthening the College’s brand.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Develop and manage the overall Saint Anselm integrated marketing and communications strategy to support the achievement of institutional goals.
- Develop and execute an integrated multi-channel communications plan that is keyed to measurable outcomes and that supports and strengthens the brand position of Saint Anselm College.
- Design and implement marketing programs in partnership with other departments including Advancement, Alumni, Admissions, the New Hampshire Institute of Politics, the Dana Center for the Arts and Humanities, Chapel Art Center, Athletics, Student Affairs, and other areas as needed.
- Provide leadership, management and mentoring of the staff in the College Communications & Marketing Department which is recognized by internal stakeholders for their valuable role in strategic communication and marketing planning.
- Assess and improve all institutional communications vehicles, including print, digital, and social marketing so that they are effective in achieving strategy and priorities.
- Oversee an effective project management system that takes assignments through needs analysis, design and execution. Effectively manage the department budget. Work with departments and vendors to ensure that the College is getting the best value from its marketing and communications investments. Lead the Portraits Magazine Advisory Board to review key deliverables and alignment with goals.
- Ensure that the College has strong relationships with the media for the active participation of Saint Anselm faculty and staff as thought leaders on relevant public issues, and for the promotion of achievements of students, staff and faculty.
- Serve as a resource and advisor for the President of the College and other key administrators on situations that involve the media.
- Participate on the College-wide Integrated Marketing Committee providing the necessary thought leadership on marketing and communications issues; serve on the President’s cabinet and Board/Trustee meetings when appropriate.
- Seasoned marketing and communications professional with experience in developing and executing integrated marketing and communications plans. A solid track record in creativity is highly desirable.
- Proficiency with Digital Marketing – understands the trends and latest technologies.
- Effective leader who is adept at managing change, and who can inspire those inside and outside their direct sphere of control. Exceptional ability to build relationships with people from diverse areas of the College and external “key influencers.”
- Confident, organized manager with excellent communication and presentation skills. Experience in crisis communication.
- Strong analytical, decision making and problem solving skills; results oriented. Develops credibility and trust.
- Proven expertise as both a strategic thinker and a project manager who has the ability to keep multiple projects moving forward simultaneously, while anticipating the future.
- Team player/ability to work collaboratively with others; a “diplomat” who can build consensus and be persuasive across a highly complex organization.
- Ability to build recognized value among internal stakeholders in the strategic role of communication.
- Resourceful in budget and resource management.
- Bachelor’s degree (Master’s preferred) Marketing, Journalism, English, Communications or related field, or the equivalent in training and experience. Eight to ten years of experience in higher education or in a strategic, complex corporate environment.
- Sense of humor
Successful candidates will be able to assist the college to further its strategic goals for institution-wide diversity and inclusiveness.