New Hampshire Public Radio (NHPR) is seeking a Communications & Marketing Coordinator to help grow the department and support a range of marketing, communications and engagement activities. The Communications and Marketing team works across departments at both the strategic and tactical levels to help build NHPR’s brand, broaden audience and support revenue-generation activities. This is an excellent opportunity to help highlight the important work of a respected public media organization, while gaining exposure to and experience in a range of skills across the marketing and communications spectrum. This is a full-time position reporting to the Director of Communications & Marketing.
NHPR is an award-winning public media company that delivers news, information, analysis, arts and entertainment programming to more than 193,500 weekly listeners across the state and region, and 180,000 monthly unique visitors on the web. Based in Concord, the state’s capital and political hub, NHPR’s newsroom, digital team and original programs consistently earn national recognition for their in-depth reporting and production. NHPR is the winner of the 2015 and 2017 National Edward R. Murrow Award for Overall Excellence, one of the most prestigious awards in journalism.
- Work with the Director, Communications and Marketing on both day-to-day activities and longer-term projects to support plans and ongoing goals.
- Support a full suite of external promotional activities including outreach to stakeholders, partners and the general public.
- Events execution: Help develop, manage, execute and staff station events and external engagements.
- Traffic: Help manage editorial and advertising calendars to maximize placements and marketing trade relationships.
- Editorial creation, including writing and editing a range of marketing and communications-related materials (print and digital).
- Expand electronic communications capabilities through creating and executing e-newsletters, targeted e-mails, alerts, etc.
- Social media: Assist with the development of promotional content and initiatives that support NHPR activities and highlight programs, personalities, station activities and achievements.
- Coordinate with designers and external vendors on marketing collateral and digital assets.
- Compile clips, reports or materials as needed.
- Provide administrative support, including processing paperwork, list and inventory management, travel arrangements, basic research and help with external requests.
- Help monitor and track results of marketing and communications program.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of two years’ marketing, communications, public relations or creative project management experience.
- Familiarity with multi-channel marketing and communications strategies and techniques.
- Experience in design and production of marketing collateral and print and online materials, including e-mail marketing campaigns. Skill with Luminate preferred.
- Exceptional organizational skills, with the ability to juggle a variety of tasks and projects, as well as detail-oriented and able to meet deadlines.
- Proactive, flexible mindset; welcomes the challenge of working in a fast-paced, evolving work environment and helping to grow programs from the ground up.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively to solve problems.
- Interest in news and journalism, community engagement and nonprofits desirable.
- Technologically versatile and willing to learn new skills. Proficient in MS Office programs; basic knowledge of CMS and design software preferred.
- Strong customer service orientation to work effectively with our listeners, supporters, volunteers and staff.
- Sense of humor and positive attitude.
- Valid driver’s license and satisfactory motor vehicle record required.
- Ability to work occasional evenings to support outreach efforts.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Journalism or related field preferred, or equivalent experience.
For more information: https://nhpr.applicantpro.com/jobs/702348.html