The New Hampshire Fiscal Policy Institute is hiring a Communications and Operations Associate to support the organization’s efforts to communicate its research to broad audiences, increase the frequency of communications efforts, and enhance organizational efficiency and operations.
Founded in 2009, the New Hampshire Fiscal Policy Institute (NHFPI) is an independent, non-profit, non-partisan organization dedicated to exploring, developing, and promoting public policies that foster economic opportunity and prosperity for all New Hampshire residents, with an emphasis on low- and moderate-income families and individuals. Since its founding, NHFPI has established itself as a valuable source of independent research and information on state policy and economic issues, and the primary source for in-depth state fiscal policy analysis. NHFPI is an established and growing organization dedicated to improving public policy that supports the health, well-being, and economic security of low- and moderate-income residents, including families, children, and vulnerable populations.
NHFPI is currently expanding its team to include a part-time Communications and Operations Associate to support the organization’s communications efforts and assist with operational activities. The ideal candidate has a strong passion for public policies and strategies designed to reduce poverty and build equitable opportunity for all Granite Staters. This position will contribute to a number of exciting communications projects, including the development of a new website and publications, planned to roll out this fall.
The Communications and Operations Associate position is part-time and reports to the Executive Director. The position is based in Concord, New Hampshire. NHFPI’s office is located in the heart of downtown Concord, in close proximity to the State House and near many of the state’s cultural and natural amenities.
The Communications and Operations Associate’s primary responsibilities include:
- Maintain organizational databases, including communications, development, media, and policymakers, and other databases
- Assist with development and implementation of print and digital communications
- Draft copy for print and digital communications, including newsletters, donor and stakeholder letters, social media posts, and event materials
- Create engaging visuals for use in digital and print communications; assist with design of publications, newsletters, and other communication materials
- Coordinate distribution of organizational communications, including letters and mailings
- Manage gift processing and donor acknowledgement process
- Assist with planning and logistics for annual conference and other events
- Assist with maintaining the website and social media profiles
- Manage the organization’s publications library
- Assist with office operations including invoicing, scheduling, ordering supplies, interfacing with vendors, and related tasks to support office operations
- Provide administrative support to the executive director
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and basic Excel functions required
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Strong computer skills and a high level of comfort with technology
- The ability to be flexible, to manage multiple projects, and to meet deadlines
- Post-secondary degree; minimum Associates degree, Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Prior relevant experience in communications, development, and/or administrative operations roles
- A sincere interest in NHFPI’s mission and commitment to the organization’s work
Additional skills desirable:
- Experience with Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, and/or Adobe Creative Suite products
- Experience with Canva, Piktochart, Tableau, and/or other digital visual communications tools desirable.
- Experience managing social media profiles
- Experience with Constant Contact, Mail Chimp, and/or Little Green Light
- Experience with WordPress and web publishing
This is a part-time hourly position for 20 hours per week at a rate of $20.00 per hour. This is an office-based position that can accommodate a flexible schedule with approval of the Executive Director.
Applicants should submit a resume, cover letter, and three professional references to email@example.com with the subject line “Communications and Operations Associate.” No phone calls please.
Applications will be reviewed as they are received and the position will remain open until filled. Candidates are strongly encouraged to apply by Friday, July 5 for full consideration. The organization seeks to fill the position by August 1.
The New Hampshire Fiscal Policy Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, religion, national origin or any other basis. NHFPI is fully committed to cultural diversity and encourages candidates with diverse backgrounds and experiences to apply.