Communications Coordinator – Children’s Alliance of NHJul 2nd, 2012 | By Yankee PRSA | Category: Jobs
The Children’s Alliance of New Hampshire mission is to promote policies and practices that enable all children to lead healthy and productive lives and to reach their full potential.
For almost 25 years, the Alliance has worked to improve child health and wellness, educational opportunity, safety, and economic security through research, coalition building and advocacy. Using these strategies, the Alliance cultivates support for public policies and strategic investments that benefit children, families and communities.
Children’s Alliance seeks a Communications Coordinator to manage, implement and monitor strategic communications with both internal and external stakeholders and provide support to all areas of the organization. The offices of the Children’s Alliance are located in Concord, NH.
This is a full-time, salaried position with benefits. Starting salary commensurate with qualifications
- Ability to collaborate and partner with a variety of stakeholders
- Ability to operate effectively in a close-knit, team-based work setting
- Ability to take initiative on projects and complete them successfully with minimal supervision
- Ability to write, edit and produce written materials and resources for a variety of audiences, including media and policymakers
- Ability to update and maintain website contents
- Capacity to work well under pressure and with multiple stakeholders
- Requires strong writing, editing, proofreading and speaking skills
- Strong interpersonal communication skills, especially the ability to work cooperatively and communicate with a variety of personalities
- Working knowledge of social media, Windows, word processing, spreadsheets and database programs
- Experience with fundraising work a plus
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in political science, journalism, public relations or closely related field
- Prefer 2 – 4 years work experience
- Combination of intern/work experience and education will be considered
- Draft and disseminate newsletter articles, press releases, media alerts, opinion pieces, talking points and website content
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with members of the media
- Keep the organization’s outreach tools up-to-date including online e-newsletter, social media (Twitter, Facebook, etc) and website
- Develop and support the organization’s blog including writing and/or editing content, and encouraging staff and external partners to submit content
- Create fundraising materials including letters, emails, and special materials and messaging in collaboration with Executive Director and Chair of Fundraising Committee
- Maintain communications among Children’s Alliance partners including regular updates and advocacy alerts to various distribution lists
- Participate in development and dissemination of Children’s Alliance publications
- Develop and maintain a regular communications schedule with donors
- Represent the Children’s Alliance in meetings and events in both formal and informal settings/presentations
Send resume, two writing samples relevant to this position, and statement of interest by email to:
No phone calls please.
Applications will be considered until the position is filled.