Planned Parenthood of Northern New England (PPNNE) is seeking a qualified Communications Manager to develop and use traditional media relationships to enhance the visibility of Planned Parenthood organizations and our work to promote access to reproductive health care. Working with the Planned Parenthood New Hampshire Action Fund, the Communications Manager will elevate issues connected to the mission of Planned Parenthood including advancing the movement towards reproductive justice.
Other responsibilities include:
- Working closely with Planned Parenthood affiliate and national Communications and Public Affairs staff to develop and write a variety of external informational, advocacy, and promotional materials as well as internal communications materials.
- Formulate goals, objectives, target audiences, key messages, tactics, timeline, and evaluation of media outreach.
- Work with coalition partners to develop and deliver a consistent, unified message.
- Monitor current events and keep agency staff abreast of breaking news stories through media updates and alerts.
- Monitor activity in New Hampshire and respond to opportunities to insert the voice of Planned Parenthood of Northern New England or the Planned Parenthood New Hampshire Action Fund in coverage.
- Collaborate with staff who manage the organization’s’ digital and social media presence, provide guidance on digital engagement messaging, including supporter emails and content for the PPNHAF website
Qualifications include a minimum of 2 years of media, writing and editing experience in a political or social issues setting, a Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing, Journalism or related field or equivalent years of work experience from which comparable knowledge and skills are acquired. Compensation is commensurate with experience. Interested applicants are to visit www.ppnne.org and apply under our JOBS section.
Planned Parenthood of Northern New England welcomes diversity & is an Equal Opportunity Employer