NHEC is the largest member-owned electric cooperative in New England, providing electric utility service to consumers and businesses in 115 communities throughout New Hampshire. Serving our members is at the heart of everything we do and every decision we make, and our mission is to provide our members access to affordable, reliable electric service options that support and simplify their lives. The electric utility industry is currently undergoing enormous change as consumers look for new ways to manage energy costs through renewable energy, distributed energy resources such as solar arrays and battery storage, energy efficiency, electric vehicles.
In June 2017, we completed a five-year strategic plan, identifying four areas of strategic focus with actionable goals within those areas completed by the end of 2022.
- Business Model. NHEC provides superior service to its members, with systems that are sufficiently flexible to capitalize on ongoing changes in technology and programs that enable members to better manage their energy usage and costs and take advantage of other opportunities as they become available in the marketplace.
Voice of the Member. NHEC is a member-driven organization where every employee consistently strives to better understand and meet our members’ expectations and has access to the information necessary to do so. We are committed to an ongoing dialogue with our members, and we focus intently on making it easy and convenient for our members to interact with us. As a result, every interaction with NHEC is a delight.
- Organizational Effectiveness. NHEC is described by its employees and members as nimble, collaborative, responsive to changes in the industry, constantly learning and having employees who share the drive to achieve the organization’s vision.
- Financial Stability. NHEC remains financially strong and has the resources necessary to provide excellent service to our members as the energy industry and related services are transformed.
- Headquartered in Plymouth, New Hampshire, NHEC currently has 200+ employees. There is much to be proud of in our existing organization, and a genuine enthusiasm for what the future holds. It is an environment in which individual leadership and initiative are highly valued and encouraged, and success is viewed as a shared accomplishment to be celebrated by all. Ensuring our members have the energy they need, the information they want, and a partner they can trust is what makes us different.
Reporting to the Public Relations/Marketing Supervisor, this position will work with all NHEC departments to determine marketing needs; coordinate and implement NHEC’s marketing programs and activities for both internal and external audiences. In addition, this position will plan, develop, and implement NHEC’s digital marketing objectives in order to support NHEC’s programs/services; maintains NHEC’s website and social media presence.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Create and execute strategies to drive online traffic with the purpose of increasing member engagement, education, and brand awareness.
- Develop, execute, and monitor social and online media campaigns to drive company objectives.
- Translate marketing objectives into actionable and measurable digital marketing initiatives, including online media, social, blog, email, website strategy, SEO, and other digital components.
- Effectively manage internal and external resources as needed for campaign development including email, web advertising, and social media.
- Design and implement digital marketing methods to increase awareness and engagement; write marketing content, including editing content from others.
- Ensure content optimizes web usability, ADA WCAG 2.0 compliant and SEO standards.
- Supports the cultural goals of NHEC by exhibiting self-leadership, developing and maintaining effective working relationships, being results oriented, being innovative, and seeking feedback.
- Accomplish tasks by prioritizing and scheduling work on daily and monthly basis.
- Coordinate effective communications and marketing by identifying short-term and long-range objectives.
- Develop a deep understanding of NHEC’s membership by planning, implementing and participating in specific communications/marketing “events” such as surveys, Annual Meeting, public forums, business meetings, conventions, trade shows, seminars, etc.
- Ensure communications effectiveness by identifying short and long-term issues that must be addressed; providing information and commentary pertinent to deliberations; recommending options and courses of action; implementing directives.
- Enhance NHEC’s image by developing and promoting programs and services to improve member services/communications and member engagement.
- Develop digital promotions for programs by utilizing advertising, direct mail, social media and website. Support NHEC’s products and services programs by developing digital marketing campaigns, scheduling and monitoring promotions and other projects in coordination/cooperation with department managers; by determining production time requirements; maintaining process and tracking projects through completion.
- Increase competencies and capabilities and those of the department by developing a continuing learning and growth program which may include educational classes, training seminars, reading professional magazines, and/or participating in professional societies.
- First and foremost, someone who will be energized and excited about NHEC’s mission and will thrive with the opportunity to enhance an already great organization.
- An inquisitive, open mind – someone who is interested in finding creative solutions and new ways to support the organization.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or Communications required.
- A minimum of four years working experience in digital marketing is desired. Proven work experience as a digital media/marketing specialist is preferred. Proficiency in Microsoft Office-Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Access. Proficiency in HTML, Google Analytics, Word Press and Gravity Forms is required. Has complete working understanding of ADA WCAG 2.0 website standards. Graphic design experience desirable. Web design, layout, editing, and writing experience preferred.
- Must have practical working knowledge of digital marketing techniques/strategies, web writing, editing, layout, and design. Must have analytical skills and proven ability to analyze quantitative and qualitative data, draw conclusions and develop actionable recommendations. Should have working knowledge of email marketing and social media. Must be detail-oriented with attention to accuracy and have exceptional organizational skills. Within a comparatively short time should be able to develop a basic knowledge of utility generation, transmission, and distribution. Should have an ability to acquire basic knowledge of electricity and the terms used in energy utilization.
- Must be skilled in web design, digital content writing, digital layout, newsletters, email campaigns, and social media campaigns. Must have experience in developing strategy, managing, targeting, and executing digital marketing programs. Must demonstrate success in traditional and digital channels (email, direct mail, print, website, and social media). Experience developing effective inbound/content marketing strategies including podcasts, webinars, infographics, blogs, video, mobile and social media (LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, etc.). Ability to multitask and perform under tight deadline while working in a team environment comprised of stakeholders from multiple disciplines and interact effectively with various departments. Must have strong written and verbal communication skills. Must have keen attention to detail, be well organized, and have the ability to prioritize tasks.
- Some day-to-day travel within the utility system may be required. Occasional overnight travel. Extra hours when necessary during evenings and weekends.
- Assistance with power restoration efforts is required of all employees. It may be required during regular business hours that employees will be assigned functions to support power restoration and for some employees that may be different from their normal duties. In addition, such assistance may require working nights, weekends and holidays which may involve considerable extra hours. In order to meet this working condition, all employees are required to provide a personal phone number where they may be reached after hours. This number will only be used for internal purposes.