The Public Relations Society of America (PRSA) is the world’s largest organization for public relations professionals from all areas of business the career reaches.
Both nationally and locally with the Yankee Chapter, PRSA helps to enhance and develop its members’ skills and knowledge, as well as provide a platform for the exchange of ideas and experiences from the field.
The Yankee Chapter of PRSA seeks to serve professionals in Maine, New Hampshire, and Vermont in their professional development, as well as to create supportive relationships among them.
Who We Are
The Yankee Chapter of PRSA is an association of more than 100 professionals who practice public relations, communications, and marketing at a diverse range of businesses in northern New England. Our members are high-level decision makers and represent some of the most respected organizations in:
In addition, a number of our valued (and bravest!) members are sole practitioners. If you’ve worked in public relations or a related field for any length of time in northern New England, chances are you know a Yankee Chapter member! See the organizations represented in the Yankee Chapter.
- As members of the public relations field, PRSA members are resolute in their belief in the profession and its integrity. Members create a culture of advocacy for the public relations field in its dedication to professionalism and best practices.
- An established Code of Ethics helps PRSA members gain vital public trust, and offers the Accreditation in Public Relations (APR) program. The APR credential is a mark of distinction in the field, as it ensures that the candidate for hire or advancement has demonstrated the dedication, experience, and careful judgment critical to a successful career.
- Career Enhancement
- Refined Resume Posting
- Job Bank Access
- Networking & Professional Development Programs
- Narrow down your field’s specific interest and find others with whom knowledge can be shared to stay on top of trends and current issues.
- The Yankee Chapter provides workshops and first-class speakers every other month to meet and exchange ideas with colleagues in the region.
- Access to the Yankee Chapter Resource Library hosted by Southern New Hampshire University.
- Access to the coveted Professional Accreditation Program (APR)
- Eligibility for Annual Awards presented to outstanding members
- Find other members through the PRSA membership directory (must be a member and log in)
How To Join
Joining the Yankee Chapter is easy. You can designate your intent to join the Yankee Chapter when you join the Public Relations Society of America through the society’s online membership application. If you are already a member of the Public Relations Society of America and wish to join the Yankee Chapter you can do that through the national PRSA web site as well.
For information regarding membership contact Seth Wheeler, membership chair, at 603-536-8685 and request an application. Yankee Chapter membership dues are $45 per year.