Unique, exciting leadership opportunity at one of the leading not-for-profit and business advocacy organizations in the state of New Hampshire. As a member of the staff of the Greater Manchester Chamber of Commerce you’ll be helping the largest business organization in the state accomplish its mission of driving the economic health and vitality of the greater Manchester region. We accomplish this through supporting the growth of our members, providing educational programming, professional development and networking opportunities, and shaping public policy.
The Membership Director is a full-time position within this dynamic and innovative organization. In this role, you will report to the President and CEO and be responsible for driving the growth and development of the organization by directing all membership related activities, including new member sales and renewals of current members.
We are seeking an innovative and energetic professional for this key role who can both develop and implement a comprehensive strategy for membership growth at the GMCC by engaging the staff and key volunteers. The right candidate must specialize in building and cultivating strong relationships with members and prospects in the business community.
Ideal candidates will have a unique combination of personal and professional qualities, including but not limited to:
3+ years of experience in sales, business development, marketing or related field.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple priorities at once.
- Driven by and thrives on meeting and exceeding goals and benchmarks.
- Outstanding communication skills – oral, written, and public speaking.
- Team player who can work both independently and collaboratively.
- Expert at building relationships. Must be able to develop and manage committees of volunteers.
- Experience in sales, fundraising or development. Ability to articulate a compelling value proposition to members and prospects.
- An advocate with genuine interest and passion for business issues and opportunities within the Greater Manchester region.
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite products. Experience in customer relationship management (CRM) software a plus.
We offer a creative, exciting, and rewarding environment that provides you a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to work with the key business and community leaders of New Hampshire. The Chamber offers a competitive salary and commission package (commensurate with experience), and comprehensive benefits including, paid vacation and personal time, health and dental plan, and 401K.
Want to join our team and be part of something special? Email cover letter, resume, references and salary requirements to GMCCcareers@gmail.com. No phone calls please.