Cookson Communications is a downtown Manchester, New Hampshire-based communications agency specializing in public relations, marketing, creative design and branding, and custom consulting services. We are a team-oriented company that helps our clients address opportunities and solve problems in creative and strategic ways. We are looking for an ambitious and experienced communicator who can create compelling content that reflects our client’s voice, enjoys client engagement and likes to work in a fast-paced environment. Our current needs are for an individual who will help raise public awareness of our clients through a variety of communications, public relations and social media vehicles. Reporting to the senior director of communications and client engagement, this individual will also use their project management skills to serve as the point person for a variety of clients.
- Research, write and edit compelling content associated with the communications strategies for our clients including press releases, blogs, opinion pieces, bylined articles, website copy and others.
- Develop, draft and implement social media plans using a variety of social media channels including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram and Pinterest. This individual will spearhead social media for clients and serve as the designated social media strategist for our agency.
- Schedule and monitor social media posts and engage with followers while using tools such as Sprout Social and TweetDeck among others.
- Engage with and serve as the point of contact for several clients in a variety of industries and provide high-quality client counsel on all aspects of PR/communications and social media.
- Stay on top of social media and PR/communications trends and best practices.
- Participate in public relations activities such as researching and creating media lists for specific press releases, pitches and other opportunities.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in a similar field either in-house or with a public relations agency
- Exceptional verbal communicator with strong interpersonal skills
- Superior writing skills with attention to detail and the ability to develop targeted stories – samples will be requested
- Team player that can effectively multi-task
- Experience with social media management in a professional setting
- Excellent knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Instagram and other social media best practices
- Strong project management and organizational skills and ability to work independently
- Understanding of media relations
- Ability to balance multiple clients while meeting and exceeding tight deadlines
- Excellent client management abilities
- Prior agency experience preferred. Individuals who are enthusiastic self-starters and believe they would thrive in an agency setting, will also be considered.
Cookson Communications offers a competitive benefits package that includes holiday and vacation pay, healthcare, 401k with a match and the opportunity to work with a fun and talented team right off Elm Street in downtown Manchester, NH.
Email resume, cover letter, and if applicable, a portfolio link to ReachUs@CooksonStrategies.com and put “PR Account Executive” in the subject line.