Are you a legislative aide, constituent services or public relations professional looking for a fun job that blends field and office work? Would you enjoy a work day that blends being around construction sites and participating in office meetings? This could be the job for you.
You will assist with a public outreach effort to support ongoing maintenance and construction projects for our client. The electric utility projects span several areas of New Hampshire, with an office based in Hooksett.
You will be responsible for:
- Evaluating upcoming project work and prioritizing needs and next steps to ensure that outreach efforts to abutters and municipalities are conducted in a timely manner.
- Effectively notifying and detailing construction activities to abutters in advance of work occurring.
- Addressing concerns raised by communities and abutters along the project routes.
- Scheduling and facilitating face-to-face meetings with project abutters to detail and coordinate upcoming work schedules and property specific details.
- Hand-delivering notices in advance of work and coordinating mailings.
- Responding to issues and conflicts as they arise.
- Regular on-site presence with project team members.
- Reviewing project mapping to identify sensitivities and proactively determining needed coordination.
- Thoroughly documenting all efforts and correspondences.
- Attend planning and scheduling meetings to spearhead needed coordination efforts.
- Professional and comprehensive communication and updates to client.
The ideal candidate is a self-starter with strong written and verbal communication skills as well as solid presentation and document organization skills. The candidates would spend approximately 50-60% of their time out along the project routes informing residents of upcoming work and working with the contractor to achieve resolution with any conflicts that arise. The other 40-50% of time would be spent documenting outreach, attending project meetings, presenting sensitivities to crew members, and researching and planning upcoming work. This is a good position for people that enjoy a mix of office and field work. Driver’s license is a must.
Prior experience handling constituent services or public relations within the construction field including experience on a utility/construction project is a plus. The candidate would have several years of experience with proven experience in customer interaction, constituent services, and solid issue/resolution skills.
Candidate would be a full-time employee with competitive salary and benefits. Salary will be based on experience level. Apply with cover letter and resume to email@example.com. This is an immediate need. Company website is www.watkinsstrategies.com