The Senior Communications Specialist, CEO and Strategic Projects, is a seasoned communicator who is skilled in executive communication, message development, communication planning and strategy executions that impact and influence internal and external audiences. This individual is proactive, entrepreneurial and collaborative, serving and supporting a portfolio of communication needs for the CEO of the UVM Health Network and adept at mining for news and information to tell the story of the value of the Network and its long-term strategy to preserve access, improve health and control costs.
This individual works in a highly integrated fashion with the Office of the CEO and across the Network with the Shared Services departments of Communications and Engagement Strategies and Government and Community Relations. Aligned with organizational strategy, this individual also identifies opportunities to build engagement, amplify thought leadership and works in partnership with operational and clinical leaders to create greater awareness among all audiences of our transformative vision and our leadership in healthcare reform.
Bachelor’s degree. Relevant areas of focus include journalism, communications, public relations, marketing, government, political science, public health, business or law
- At least eight years of experience in a high-impact environment, preferably in a communications-related field.
- Experienced with executive-level communication strategies including strategic storytelling, op-ed development, thought leadership, issues management response and identification of speaking and engagement opportunities.
- Expertise in creating narratives and messaging strategies that frame and translate leadership vision and organizational strategy in relatable ways.
- Familiar with how to leverage contemporary digital, social and print communication channels for audience impact and focused amplification.
- Experienced in fact-finding with strong expertise as a master writer, creative visual presentation designer, message developer and storyteller.
- Adept at strategic communication planning, researching and writing legislative or government agency testimony, white papers and comfortable with PowerPoint, Prezi and multimedia.
- Experienced in infusing leadership communication with on the ground voices and experience.
- Proven experience in a high stakes environment with the ability to prioritize a demanding workload with multiple deadlines.
The University of Vermont Medical Center is committed to being a national model for the delivery of high quality academic health care for a rural region. Learn more…