Saint Anselm College, a private, liberal arts college in the Benedictine tradition, is seeking a full-time, year-round Social Media and Digital Content Specialist. Reporting to the Director of Content Strategy, the Social Media and Digital Content Specialist will support the Office of College Communications and Marketing in building and maintaining the college managed web and social media presence with an emphasis on college community imaging and relations. Produces digital content in various mediums to achieve the creative and editorial goals of the college, telling authentic Anselmian stories in the digital space.
CHARACTERISTIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintains the college’s social media feeds and is responsible for brainstorming and incorporating social media as a promotional strategy for college news.
- Provides event coverage for web photography and social media at campus events, with an emphasis on student life and community interactions and produces time-sensitive post-event image galleries.
- Conducts written, audio, and video interviews and captures storytelling photo and video footage of campus constituents. Edits for digital publishing through the college website, blog and social media feeds.
- Works with the Office of Admission to execute a social media and digital recruitment strategy, ensuring that social feeds and digital stories serve recruitment goals.
- Works with external vendors to co-produce video content.
- Creates and facilitates content for the college blog and the President’s blog to ensure proper functionality with emphasis on the creation of fresh, well-written, web-optimized content.
- Maintains the college’s online event calendar.
- Collaborates and coordinates with college colleagues, keeping abreast of department, student and other projects and events.
- Acts as a resource for best practices in social media and digital content and provides training/advice as needed to campus constituents.
- Keeps abreast of new technologies and industry best practices.
- Other administrative duties as assigned.
- Occasional evening and weekend work as required.
- Bachelors degree in English, Communications, Marketing, or other related fields and up to two years of experience in digital marketing, content strategy, and/or social media strategy.
- Familiarity with the Saint Anselm College community strongly preferred.
- Detail oriented with exceptional communication skills. Ability to produce web and social media optimized content and move content from concept to implementation always keeping in mind department and institutional goals.
- Strong project management skills: ability to work independently, establish priorities, work within deadlines and organize effectively.
- Creative, collaborative, and team-oriented
- Highly motivated self-starter with ability to take initiative, troubleshoot and use good judgment related to web content and social media posting.
- Awareness of and familiarity with best practices in social media management and the ability to learn and use emerging web-based technology.
- Some familiarity with Web publishing software, content management systems and Adobe Photoshop. Knowledge of Drupal and WordPress a plus.
- Knowledge of audio and video editing preferred with understanding of user-centered web design principles.
- Experience working with third-party vendors.
Successful candidates will be able to assist the college to further its strategic goals for institution-wide diversity and inclusiveness.
Job Location – Manchester, NH