2016 Summit Award
“Excellence in Community Engagement”
The Yankee Chapter PRSA Summit Award recognizes excellence in a specific area of focus, which varies year-to-year, based on trends, behaviors, and new technologies in the public relations field. Prior awards have included:
“Special Event Excellence” — 2013 – Families in Transition, Manchester, NH
“Employees as Ambassadors” — 2012 – Dyn – Manchester, NH
“PR Miracles – PR in Times of Challenge” — 2011 – The NHHEAF Network Organizations, Concord, NH
“Excellence in Social Media” — 2010 – Kelliher Samets Volk, Burlington, VT
2016 Summit Award Focus: Community Engagement
The 2016 Summit Award recognizes excellence in achieving strategic public relations objectives through a community engagement strategy. The results of an organization’s community engagement strategy may have informed policy decisions, improved the targeting of services, built community ownership, or involved those who might not normally be included, resulting in increased community spirit and empowerment of individuals. The award winner (individual, team, or business) will be recognized for effectively planning and executing a community engagement strategy to support specific public relations goals.
Within the application, please demonstrate how your community engagement strategy:
- Involved and engaged a broad range of people and sectors,
- Created movement and/or change related to specific public relations goals; and
- Focused on collaboration and inclusion.
Entries will be judged on the following factors:
- Situation analysis (context and key stakeholders)
- Strategic organizational objectives
- Goals and benchmarks for success
- PRSA Yankee Chapter members; or
- Public relations businesses, organizations or individuals with a primary address within the Yankee Chapter PRSA region (Maine, New Hampshire or Vermont)
- The winner (individual, team, or in the case of an organization, its CEO, or functional organizational head) must agree to be present at the award presentation
- New! For 2016, Yankee PRSA is waiving the application fee.
How to Submit Entries
Entries may be submitted in a variety of ways, as long as the entry includes the award criteria previously described. Electronic presentations, videos, documents, binders etc., are all welcome. Choose the format that best displays and explains your work. Entries can include links to existing work, content or articles that support your entry. The award will be presented at the Yankee Chapter PRSA Annual Meeting in late November 2016. Updates will be provided on the Yankee PRSA website at www.yankeeprsa.org.
Submit entry electronically to: firstname.lastname@example.org or mail it to:
Yankee PRSA Summit Award, 53 Regional Dr., Suite 1, Concord, NH 03301
All entries must include
- Name & Title
- Organization Name & Mailing Address
- Telephone Number and Email
Submissions must be postmarked by October 10, 2016
Questions? Email: email@example.com