Job Location: Hybrid – Lawrence, MA
Position Type: Full Time
At AgeSpan, you’ll find a work environment that combines:
- A refreshing culture that is supportive, collaborative, and encouraging of diverse perspectives and backgrounds.
- A focus on innovation with a team recognized for developing and implementing innovative programs and novel solutions.
- Encouragement of your development through opportunities to get involved, use your voice, and gain new knowledge and skills.
- A satisfying balance between your work and personal life, including a flexible workplace, generous paid time off, and wellness programs.
Depending on your role and your hours, we offer:
- Flexible schedule and hybrid work opportunities
- Competitive salaries
- Healthcare (medical, dental)
- 403b Retirement Plan with agency match
- 20 Vacation Days, 12 Sick Days, and 12 Paid Holidays
- Social Work Licensing Program
- License Renewal Paid by agency for RN’s and Social Workers
- And MORE!
Position Responsibilities: Reporting to the Director of Communications, the Communications Specialist is a talented writer with an eye for producing content and crafting communications plans and collateral with key audiences in mind. This storyteller develops internal and external messaging across a variety of channels, including social media, blog, email marketing, website, intranet, and print. The Communication Specialist works collaboratively with the communication team and identified staff with the goal of elevating the Agency’s brand and increasing consumer, partner, and community engagement across a diverse service area.
- Write a variety of content based on target audiences in a range of styles for agency’s communication channels, including social media, weekly column and blog posts, email newsletter, communications collateral, talking points, press releases and web content
- Seek out stories and conduct interviews with diverse individuals in a variety of settings, including in their homes, offices, and in the community
- Create, manage, and execute a variety of social media and e-newsletter campaigns
- Track and assess performance of social media, email marketing, and website analytics
- Help maintain, coordinate, and contribute to a content calendar and ensure timely execution of identified projects
- Proofread and edit content for internal and external audiences
- Ensure all promotional and communication materials meet the agency’s brand identity
- Assist with creation of program, business development, and fundraising campaigns and materials
- Assist with media relations and outreach
- Coordinate meetings, press conferences, and presentations as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing, English, Journalism, or related field
- Minimum 3 years relevant experience in communications, public relations, content development, journalism, or digital media
- Superb writing, editing and proofing skills, and strong interviewing experience required
- Self-starter with the ability to distill information or a story to its most compelling form; take initiative to generate content and develop story ideas
- Critical thinking and planning skills with proven ability to meet deadlines
- Exceptional professional communication and interpersonal skills. Self-motivated and resourceful with attention to detail.
- Skilled in social media and email marketing content creation and management as well as paid advertising campaigns
- Knowledge of AP style and SEO preferred
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office 365 products; CRM/marketing tools, Hootsuite and WordPress experience strongly preferred
- Nonprofit experience a plus
- Experience with diversity, equity and inclusion-oriented narratives preferred
- Able to recognize problems, troubleshoot, and clearly explain potential solutions
- Stay current with event and regularly identify opportunities to connect them to our work
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation required
Please submit: A resume and writing samples that can include articles, blog pots, digital content, and/or collateral demonstrating experience across multiple channels/mediums.
Hours per week : 37.5