For over 84 years, Easterseals New Hampshire has been helping people of all ages and abilities through our 11 programs. Our work empowers individuals to improve their health and well-being, achieve greater independence, recover from substance use, develop life skills, access education, secure housing, find family, and connect with their communities. In everything we do, we strive to lead the way to a lifetime of full equity, inclusion, and access.
We are looking for a Content Writer to join our team! The successful candidate will tell the powerful, compelling stories of Easterseals NH, VT and Farnum Center to raise public awareness of the important work of the organization. Responsibilities include:
- Create content for a wide range of marketing and communications materials, including but not limited to internally and externally facing newsletters, press releases, program marketing materials, development and event communications, and digital marketing (email, social media and web copy).
- In coordination with colleagues, program leaders and others, develop and write stories that will increase public awareness of Easterseals NH, VT & Farnum, and enhance the community’s understanding of our mission, programs and successes.
- Partner with MarCom colleagues and program liaisons to build and maintain an editorial calendar to ensure program and event communications are thoughtful, well-planned and equitably promoted (the latter in accordance with strategic planning goals).
- Build relationships with internal influencers and thought leaders; become a trusted partner to program leaders to facilitate the sharing of successes.
- Educate and mentor program staff in developing content assets for multiple platforms.
- Work alongside program department heads in developing content for marketing campaigns to promote specific programs and create support collateral for programs and other affiliates.
- Provide content for development materials including fundraising collateral, appeal letters, gift acknowledgments, annual reports and other pieces as necessary.
- Potential opportunities to contribute in graphic design. Preference given to candidates proficient in InDesign and other Adobe Creative Cloud products.
- Work with the marketing and communications staff to create and implement the department’s strategic plan.
- Participate in focus groups, committees, and initiatives, as requested.
- Copyedit, proofread, and review agency materials as appropriate.
- Bachelor’s degree in public relations, communications, journalism, English or a related field
- Three (3) to five (5) years of professional writing and editing experience in multiple formats: feature writing, email / marketing copy, social media. Development and internal communications writing skills a plus
- High-level attention to detail, well-organized and proactive, with excellent professional judgment.
- Strong analytical and research skills, with the ability to follow through and be resourceful
- The ideal candidate will demonstrate a commitment to Easterseals’ mission and will be an active participant in the Marketing & Communications Department
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite and WordPress; familiarity with project management software a plus
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
What’s in it for you? We offer a comprehensive benefits package for full-time, eligible employees, including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life & Disability
- Paid Time Off (PTO) begins accruing on your first day!
- 10 Paid Holidays, including a Floating Holiday of your choice
- 403 (b) Employer Match – up to a maximum of 3%
- Tuition Reimbursement after one year of employment
- Federal student loan forgiveness eligibility and student loan repayment for qualifying positions
- Employee Discounts
- On-site child care center at a discount for employees. Available at Auburn Street and S. Main Street in Manchester
- Wellness Programs: Health coaching, on-site and remote nutritional counseling services, remote and on-site fitness classes, reimbursement programs for weight loss & tobacco cessation
- All Employees of Easterseals NH are now eligible for DailyPay, a new optional benefit that allows you to access your pay whenever you need it.
We are proud to be a recovery-friendly workplace and a NH Veteran-Friendly Business.
To learn more about this role, please click on the blue “Apply Now” button below to submit your application. Difficulty submitting your application? Contact Kris at 603-913-5575 or email@example.com.
Candidates must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccine by date of hire to be considered for employment. EOE