V.P. of Public Relations, Comcast, Greater Boston Region
About the job…
MORE INFO & TO APPLY
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world’s best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Reporting to the Sr. Regional Vice President, the VP Public Relations is responsible for leading and approving plans, strategy and execution of external and internal communications that directly impact the image, reputation and profitability of the business and its brands. The VP counsels executives on key reputation issues and provides directs public response to local crisis situations and product-specific issues. The Greater Boston Region has approximately 1800 employees across MA, ME and NH. GBR was voted as a Top Place to Work by the Boston Globe in 2022.
- Builds and maintains excellent relationships with high-ranking governmental authorities, research/academic institutions, community or industry influencers and other third parties who may have significant influence on public policies.
- Manages teams and reviews concepts and campaigns to deal with complex issues of technology, policy and law, involving multiple issues and stakeholders, to achieve the Company’s corporate affairs objectives.
- Approves presentations of the public face of the company to a variety of interested parties, including shareholders and potential investors, employees, government departments, regulatory bodies, the media, local communities, pressure groups and campaigners.
- Leads company voice in (and builds and strengthens the Company’s relationship with) industry partners, trade associations, advocacy organizations, multi-lateral organizations and industry coalitions to more effectively shape and advance the industry’s position on important public policy issues.
- Serves as a liaison with both Corporate PR and Division Communications and must work cross functionally with all teams.
- The role will support members of the Region senior leadership team and should bring the presence, experience, and accountability to deliver support to the RSVP and their team.
- Oversight of all internal communications for regional employees.
- Proactive and creative approach to continue to evolve how we communicate externally with our most important audiences with a particular focus on proactive print, TV, radio and digital media campaigns and article placement for the Greater Boston Region.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Comcast is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
While possessing the stated degree is preferred, Comcast also may consider applicants who hold some combination of coursework and experience, or who have extensive related professional experience.
Relevant Work Experience
15 Years +
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Comcast provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales positions are eligible for a Commission under the terms of an applicable plan, while most non-sales positions are eligible for a Bonus. Additionally, Comcast provides best-in-class Benefits. We believe that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it matters most, and should help you care for those who matter most. That’s why we provide an array of options, expert guidance and always-on tools, that are personalized to meet the needs of your reality – to help support you physically, financially and emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life. Please visit the compensation and benefits summary on our careers site for more details.