NH Farm Bureau is seeking an individual to put together, as managing editor, our award-winning publication The Communicator, and to manage our website. Could be done as an independent contractor or as a part-time employee. Occasional statewide travel and attendance at certain Farm Bureau events are required. Writing a limited number of press releases may also be required.
Skills and proficiencies sought:
- Outstanding writing and editing skills
- Ability to put together a publication from planning to printing, including design & layout, writing feature stories & news stories, and soliciting & working with advertisers. General copywriting skills are a plus.
- Ability to work with volunteer writers and photographers.
- Knowledge and experience managing a WordPress website.
- Photography experience or interest.
- Passion/knowledge/appreciation of agriculture/natural resource management is a plus.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience.
Please send a cover letter (including what attracted you to apply), resume, and writing samples to Robert Johnson at email@example.com or mail to 295 Sheep Davis Road, Concord, NH 03301. Candidates invited for an interview will be asked to provide a portfolio demonstrating their writing, publication creation experience, and graphic design skills.
New Hampshire Farm Bureau (NHFB) is a non-profit federation, established in 1916, of New Hampshire’s 10 county Farm Bureau organizations which consist of nearly 2,000 NH farm families and over 1,000 supporting members statewide. NHFB is dedicated to advocating for and educating the public about agriculture. NHFB is a general farm organization where the members establish policy and direction through a member-driven policy development process. We are “The Voice of Agriculture” in New Hampshire.